2012/12/18

Things we can do without.


  1. People politicizing the Newtown massacre, if only until after the holiday season. Children were hatefully murdered; please acknowledge & respect that.
  2. The entire culture surrounding mental illness in America. Predominantly, I focus on its automatic association with any undesired behavior. Treating every undesired behavior as a symptom of mental illness leads to undesired cultural behavior: anywhere from granting depressed people a get-out-of-work-free card, to violent people a get-out-of-jail-free card. Does no one else find it condescending that people's personalities are being reduced to their psychiatrist's prescribed DSM-pickings?
  3. For that matter, we can do without any cultural doctrine that limits the control people believe they have over their own brains. The other day, I read that some people actually believe that it's impossible to fully consent to heterosexual vaginal intercourse, because it's an act women are coerced into by the patriarchy. Now, I don't care if the patriarchy coerced me into feeling this way, but I love me some vaginal intercourse.
  4. Everything that happens to one's vagina in the latest stage of pregnancy. All of it. It's like I can't see down there no more so Muffy's decided to have it her way all over the place.
  5. I think the dumbest thing in the world is when a girl wears high-waisted jean shorts and a partially tucked-in shirt. Why does some of it get tucked-in?
  6. When people use the phrase "look" to describe a woman's clothing & makeup choices. It makes us sound like dolls. You've done something different to your appearance; I love that look on you! I assume that you assume that my shirt has velcro all down the back center, and that my face is frozen in time.
I'm up at 8:43 AM. Do I want to be? No.
     And the post ends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment